I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. As far back as I can remember I wanted to be an attorney. In High School I attended the Law Institute magnet program at historic James Madison High School. While in college at the University of Buffalo I took undergraduate courses that I felt would help develop my analytical skills and ability to verbally persuade my listeners. While attending New York Law School I completed every course, internship and clerkship offered that trained me to become a capable Trial Attorney. I was very proud to be awarded the “Order of the Barrister” at graduation. My first professional experience came as an Assistant District Attorney in New York City. During my tenure I was regularly recognized by my superiors and was quickly promoted to prosecuting Major Felonies. I left the District Attorney’s Office to assume the position of Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of New York. My primary responsibility was to defend the City against personal injury claims being brought against the NYC Police Department and its officers. After three years of saving the City millions of dollars by successfully defending these multi million dollar lawsuits, I then went into private practice.
Once in private practice I quickly learned that the relationship between a person and their attorney is a special one. My clients usually come to me during the worst times of their lives, faced with a complex legal system that can be intimidating and overwhelming. Clients look to their attorney to steer them through these troubled times.
I am driven to provide my clients with the best possible legal representation by always being available to provide guidance, counseling and advice. In adversarial proceedings, I vigorously prosecute my client's position in the manner that is most likely to result in a successful outcome. My goal is to develop a trusting relationship with every client and represent them in such a manner that their first instinct is to seek my advice when they are faced with future problems. I relocated to Ocean County from New York over twenty years ago. My wife and I chose Ocean County because it provided the type of environment in which we wanted to raise our three children, Allison, Tyler and Jake. As we are a “local” business many of my clients are also my neighbors. I regularly bump into clients in stores, at the Little League field or at Back to School night. I hope to develop long term trusting relationships with my clients that continues for years.
I enjoy being an attorney because I feel by helping my clients through the difficult times, I am effecting somebody’s life for the better.
- Personal Injury Litigation
- New York, 1989
- New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1996
- New Jersey Association of Justice, Former Board of Governor, 1998 to Present
- Ocean County Bar Association, Member, 2003 to Present
- Mercer County Bar Association, Member, 1998 to 2003
- Personal Injury Protection Insurance for Dummies, New Jersey Law Journal, 2004
- Personal Injury Protection Insurance for Dummies, Association of Trial Lawyers of America , 2004 to 2004
- Legal Liability of Volunteer Coaches in N.J., Toms River Little League, 1996 to Present
- A Look Behind the Curtain, New Jersey Association for Justice
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- Honors: Order of the Barrister
- Honors: Moot Court Executive Board
- University of Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Major: Economics
- St. Johns University, New York, New York
- Toms River Little League, 1996 to Present
- New York City Law Department, Assistant Corporation Counsel- Manhattan Trial Unit, 1990 to 1992
- Kings County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney, 1988 to 1990